Sunday, June 06, 2021

3 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

 MARK 4:35-41                                                    Pastor Rick Jackson

 

During my 13 years of teaching 7th & 8th grades I was asked a lot of questions. I had told my students as long as they really wanted to know, as opposed to trying to get me off topic or something, I would do my best to answer their questions. There are no stupid sincere questions. All that changed when Tammy came to my class. Tammy was a fairly new Christian and was super excited and had a lot of questions. A lot of questions. I finally had to limit Tammy to 3 questions per class and she learned to save them for her most important questions. In our Scripture today we find the answers to three very important questions.

 

I. DOES JESUS CARE? [v. 35-38]

 

1. Asked in Ignorance [John 13:7, 15:13]

 

Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

 

2. Answered in Advance [v. 34-35]

 

3. Answered in Action [v. 39, Jn. 3:16, Rm. 5:8-11]

 

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

 

II. WHY SHOULD A CHRISTIAN IN THE WILL OF GOD FEAR? [v. 39-40]

 

1. The Power of God [Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 1:24]

 

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

 

2. The Peace of God [Isaiah 26:3, John 14:27, 20.21]

 

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

 

3. The Purpose of God [Rm. 10:17, Philippians 1:6]

 

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

 

III. WHAT MANNER OF MAN IS JESUS? [v. 41]

 

1. He is the Master in the Storm [v. 35-38]

 

2. He is the Master of the Storm [v. 39]

 

3. He is the Master to be Obeyed [John 13:13-17, Luke 6:46]

 

"Fate whispers to the warrior, 'You cannot withstand the storm.' The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm." The original quote of "I am the storm" is thought to have been written by Jake Remington, a new Indie writer.

“YOU” are not the storm.

 

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'