Sunday, September 13, 2020

THE JUST JUDGE COMETH

LUKE 18:1-8

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

SomeOne might wrongly assume that the title is a mistake, that it should be “The Unjust Judge” but my friends, the title refers to the One telling the parable,

 

I. THE PARABLE’S INTENT [v. 1-5]

 

1. The Positive Purpose of the Parable [v. 1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17] Pray without ceasing.

 

2. The Negative Purpose of the Parable [v. 1, 2 Corinthians 4:1] Don’t Quit!

 

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Ephesians 3:13 Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

2 Thessalonians 3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

 

3. The Presentation of the Parable [v. 2-5]

 

II. THE PRAYERS INVOKED [v. 6-7]

 

1. The Prayers of the Hearers [v. 6, Luke 6:47-49]

 

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

 

2. The Prayers of the Hurt [v. 7, Hebrews 10:30]

 

For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

1 Peter 2:14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

 

3. The Prayers of the Heart [v. 7] bo-ah'-o; i.e. shout (for help or in a tumultuous way):--cry.

 

III. THE PROSPECTS IN MIND [v. 8]

 

1. The Surety of His Coming [v. 8, Jn. 14:1-3]

 

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

 

2. The Specificness of His Coming [v. 8, 3, 5]

 

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Revelation 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Revelation 19:2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

 

3. The Sigh of His Coming [v. 8, 1 John 2:28]

 

And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'