Friday, January 03, 2020

JOHN R. RICE QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Some people believe that Satan himself is master and manager of Hell. That is not true. Satan is not even in Hell now. He goes about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. He is called "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2). But the time is coming when he will be cast into Hell and be punished forever. - John R. Rice [Immanuel--God With Us, pg. 112]

In Revelation 1:7 is another plain statement proving that all those in Hell as well as those on earth will see Jesus when He comes to the earth in clouds of glory to reign: "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." - John R. Rice [Immanuel--God With Us, pg. 117]

Those who do not believe in the second coming of Christ are illogical as well as ignorant. I tell you that Calvary could not be the end for the Son of God! The dealing of a wicked world that hated the Saviour must be punished. Christ must be vindicated! Do you think that God would permit that the last contact Jesus should have with this old world would be when He was hated and despised bi it? Do you think that the world could dispose of Jesus with the crucifixion? Do you think that God would let men get by with that? No, a just and holy God will see that the Lord Jesus comes back to reign where He was crucified. And He will see that the men who hated Him, the men who denied Him and rejected Him and crucified Him, see His glory. - John R. Rice [Immanuel--God With Us, pg. 117]

It would be a good thing if you could just put your foot on the throat of that old sinner man that you used to be and say, "By God's grace he is not going into the new year with me! Oh, he is there, but I am going to beat him down." The Scripture says we should mortify the deeds of the flesh. That is, we should disown them and say, "You are not my boss, and I am not going your way. I am crucified daily and count myself dead." That is what a Christian ought to do. - John R. Rice [Great Controversial Subjects Settled from the Bible, pg. 71]

The best resolution anybody can make for the new year is to take Christ as Savior now. A man may quit tobacco and may so avoid cancer of the lungs; he may decide to spend more time with his children this year, or to make his wife happy, or to give more money to the poor. These are all good, but to tie a few good fruits on to the same old bad tree does not change things essentially. Any effort to do right must start with a new heart. And Jesus is ready to give everyone a new heart just as He changed Zacchaeus from a crooked, money-loving extortioner into a liberal, kindly, and just man (James 4:8; Isa. 1:18; John 6:37). - John R. Rice [The Bible Garden, pg. 192-193]

Would not this be the best time you will ever have to turn to Jesus and trust Him, dear sinner friend? If you realize that you are a sinner and want to be saved, then I beg you run to Jesus now. He is just as eager to receive you as He was to receive Zacchaeus. And he will give you a new heart and then you can start out on a new life today. Will you do that? - John R. Rice [The Bible Garden, pg. 193]

Daniel "purposed in his heart" that he would not defile himself. I was just thinking about this tonight - I don't know whether it is original with me; I don't know whether anybody else ever thought of it or not - but my resolutions are the only real, true John Rice there is. You may look at me. You look at the way I live and the way I act and the failures I make, but you don't know my heart at all. Only in my resolutions am I what I long to be. "Blessed are they which hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Not until I see the Saviour, not until I am all that I want to be, all that I am hungry to be, all that I resolve to be, will I be what I ought to be, when my resolutions catch up with me, or when I catch up with my resolutions. So resolutions are the only true John Rice there is, or the only true anybody else. So make your resolutions. That is the right thing to do. - John R. Rice [Sweet Family Ties in Heaven and Hell, pg. 154]

Not a single Scripture ever gives you the right to judge any one as to heart and motive or whether they are saved. - John R. Rice [page 104, Dr. Rice, Here Are More Questions...]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'