Monday, September 16, 2019

CATCHING MEN


                                                                                       

MT. 4:17-22

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. WE MUST CATCH THEM WITH AN UNCHANGED GOSPEL! [1 Cor. 15:1-6]

1. Give It Simply! [1 Cor. 2:1-2]
And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

2. Give It Powerfully! [1 Cor. 2:3-4, Rm. 1:16]
And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

3. Give It Sincerely! [2 Peter 1:15-19]
Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

II. WE MUST CATCH THEM WITH AN IMPECCABLE LIFE!

1. Jesus Said It! [Mt. 5:16]
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

2. Paul Said It! [Gal. 2:20, 2 Cor. 6:17]
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

3. Peter Said It! [1 Peter 3:1-2]
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

Hypocrites repel men. We must be real. We must be genuine. We must strive to be like the Master! – Lee Roberson

III. WE MUST CATCH THEM WITH A BURDENED HEART!

1. Jesus Had It! [Mt. 9:35-38]
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

2. Paul Had It! [Rm. 9:1-3, 10:1]
I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

3. Jude Had It! [Jude 20-23]
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'