Friday, April 12, 2019

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

All alike need new hearts; everybody is alike guilty. I was reared in a godly home. I was converted by the time I was nine years old. One time I tasted a glass of beer; it was like dishwater, and I never touched it again. I do not know why anybody would want it. God was good to me, wasn't He? He protected me. But in this old black, wicked, sinful heart of mine, I found that I was the same kind of man as everybody else and that only the blood of Jesus could make me right. - John R. Rice

I want people to reform, but that is not enough. What we really need - all of us alike - is to come and let Jesus forgive our sins and save our souls. The Bible says, "Come now and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isa. 1:18). Come to Jesus, confess to Him your sins, and trust Him for forgiveness and salvation and peace. - John R. Rice

God simply let Pharaoh's stubbornness destroy him. Down through the years infidels have said, "See there, God is not fair. Why did God harden Pharaoh's heart? It looks as though a man could not repent if he wanted to." No, that is not true. What God means is that Pharaoh is already a lost sinner; he has already turned his heart away from God. God let pharaoh be stubborn, and God brought the issue up in public to have one example that would shine through the pages of sacred history, that everybody could see that one cannot trifle with God. - John R. Rice

God hardened Pharaoh's heart and sent him to Hell because of Pharaoh's long opportunity neglected. God did not harden his heart when he was a boy or when he was a young and untried man. But after murder and oppression year in and year out, God said, "I have had enough." God made Pharaoh decide, then God killed him and sent him to Hell. - John R. Rice

When you are ready to leave sin alone, sin is not ready to leave you alone. Sin, necessarily and always, changes the character, hardens the heart, sears the conscience as with a hot iron. I pray that God will keep within me a tender heart to feel, when I displease Him, a need to confess the sin and forsake it. - John R. Rice

God would not be good if He did not hate sin. - John R. Rice

The modernist fool is a low-down hypocrite. If he were honest he would simply say, "I do not trust Christ as my Saviour, so I cannot take money as a preacher. I am with Paine, Ingersoll, Voltaire and all the enemies of the Bible." - John R. Rice

God would not be good if He did not hate sin. - John R. Rice 

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'