Friday, April 19, 2019

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

The modernist is a fool because he will not face the facts. . The Bible is prophetically accurate as well as scientifically accurate. - John R. Rice

What is wrong is that a modernist is slow of HEART to believe. If he had a good case of faith in Christ in his heart, and a new birth, it would be no trouble for him to believe the Bible. - John R. Rice

Sin is not funny to God, and anybody who thinks it is a big joke, God says, is a fool. - John R. Rice


The man who thinks he can get by with sin and that it is a joke is a fool and will pay for his sin someday. - John R. Rice

Heaven is interested in soul winning. If I do not care about souls being saved after I am in Heaven, it will certainly be strange! Do you think D.L. Moody says, "Oh, tune that stuff out; I am not interested in revivals any more"? - John R. Rice


I was a college teacher and I loved to teach. I had dreams of becoming a college president and who knows, perhaps then a senator, a famous author and more - any vigorous young man can dream. But one day in the Pacific Garden Mission I put my arms around a drunken bum and won him to Christ. I got up from my knees beside this poor, dirty, but now converted bum, and found that all my ambitions for college teaching were gone! I wanted nothing better than to win souls (Dan. 12:3). I gave up graduate work, started revival work, and went to seminary. - John R. Rice

I once heard Gipsy Smith preach in Dallas. I determined before God that I was going to talk to the first man I saw about his soul. When I got outside the church a taxi driver was waiting beside the curb. When I talked to him about his soul, he said he had just been saved. "A little short man with a gray mustache came out of the side door here. He talked to me. He seemed so anxious that I felt I had to decide now, and I did." Gipsy Smith had beat me to the taxi driver. - John R. Rice
s it is a big joke, God says, is a fool. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'