Thursday, October 25, 2018

PROPER CHURCH ETIQUETTE

PROPER CHURCH ETIQUETTE
1 PETER 5:1-10
Evangelist Matt Downs
I. BE SUBMISSIVE TO AUTHORITY [v. 5]
questions are okay but there is a right way to approach it
II. BE HUMBLE [v. 5b-6]
goes hand in hand with #I
III. BE FREE FROM WORRY [v. 7]
"casting" here is liking skipping a stone not casting a rod & reel to fish
-God does not worry about things that are not going to happen
-I don't know if God cares about all the things that I care about (like winning a game) but I know He cares for me
-"Fatigue makes cowards of us all" - Vince Lombardi
remember this acrostic:
T -feel Trapped
I -feel Inadequate
R -feel Responsible (not just our problems, but others)
E -feel excluded
D -feel Depressed (can't do enough)
IV. BE ON GUARD [v. 8-9]
there is a main enemy - Satan.
-the Devil doesn't fight fair
-the Devil wants you lost
-the Devil wants you destroyed
V. BE REALISTIC [v. 10]
Bad days are going to come
Hebrews 4:16

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'