Sunday, October 07, 2018

FOLLOW HIM!


FOLLOW HIM

John 1:43,10:4-5, 10:27, 12:26, 21:19-22

Pastor Rick Jackson

Down in the valley with my Savior I would go,
Where the flowers are blooming and the sweet waters flow;
Everywhere He leads me I would follow, follow on,
Walking in His footsteps till the crown be won
.
Follow! follow! I would follow Jesus!
Anywhere, everywhere, I would follow on!
Follow! follow! I would follow Jesus!
Everywhere He leads me I would follow on!

I. FOLLOW HIM BECAUSE [1 Kings 18]

1. Because of What He Is [v. 21]

2. Because of What He Does [v. 24]

3. Because of Who He Is [v. 39]

II. FOLLOW HIM NO MATTER

1. What You Do

Matthew 4:18-20 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets and followed him.
Matthew 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose and followed him.
John 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

2. What It Cost [Luke 9:23-26, 57-62; 18:28-30]

3. What Others Do [Jn. 10:22-33; 21:19-22]

III. FOLLOW HIM FOR [Phil. 3]

1. The Power [v. 9-10]

2. The Purpose [v. 11-16]

3. The Pattern [v. 17-21]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'