Sunday, September 16, 2018

SIN - THE DREADFUL, DAMNING, DANGER WE ALL FACE




JAMES 1

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. THE DECEITFULNESS OF SIN [JAMES 1]

1. We Like to Think Sin Originates from Without [v. 12-14]

2. We Like to Think Sin is Not so Bad [v. 15-16, Rm. 7:13, Jude 1:15]
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

3. We Like to Think We Can Get by With it [v. 15-16, Gal. 6:7-8]

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

II. THE DESTRUCTION SIN CAUSES [1 CORINTHIANS]

1. Sin Will Destroy Your Testimony [1 Cor. 9:12, 24-27]

 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

2. Sin Will Destroy Your Usefulness [Psalm 66:18] If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

3. Sin Will Destroy Your Life [1 Cor. 11: 30-32]

For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

III. THE DELIVERANCE FROM SIN

1. There Must be an Honest Facing of It [Pr. 28:13a, Ps. 51:1-6]

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper:
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity,; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

2. There Must be a Heartfelt Confession of It [Psalm 32:5, 1 John 1:9]

I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

3. There Must be a Holy Forsaking of It [Proverbs 28:13, Isaiah 55:7]

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

I HAVE BEEN MOSTLY ADDRESSING Christians in this message but if you do not know the Lord you are in a way worse fix than the sinning Christian. The Christian’s sins have been paid for and though he may lose rewards and even die sooner than he would have he is still on his way to Heaven by the grace of God. You my friend, need to turn in faith to Christ. Admit that you are a sinner deserving of God’s holy condemnation. Confess [agree with God] that Christ is God in the flesh, that He died for you and paid your sin debt on the cross and that He rose again the third day- proving He is who He said He is and that He did what He came to do. Receive Him as your Saviour and be saved today! [Rm. 3:23, 6:23, 5:8. 10:9-13]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'