Friday, December 26, 2014

JOHN R. RICE QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Psalm 119:63 says, "I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts." Let us analyze that. Let us say that I am a companion of all those who are saved and those who go by the Bible. God and the Bible. Let's put it a little further- Christ and the Bible. "I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts."
That verse is very sweet to me ...because on the authority of that verse I decided not to be just a Baptist evangelist, though I am a Baptist, but to be an evangelist to all God's people. I determined I would say what John Wesley said, "The world is my parish," and that I would be for the man who is for Christ and the Bible. So I work with all people of God who are born-again and live like it and believe the Bible and who are willing to work with other Christians.
"I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts." - John R. Rice
 
I am told that not long ago a man on the streetcar rose and offered his seat to a woman, and she was so surprised she fainted! When she recovered consciousness she said, "Thank you!" and then he fainted! I say, the honor, the deference, the courtesy, the protectiveness that practically all men, good and bad, once offered to good women, has almost disappeared. - John R. Rice
 
I do not think it is always God's will to heal the sick. Sometimes a Christian ought to die and go to Heaven. I know sins sometime bring trouble on us and we need to wait on God till we get things right, in order to be healed. And sometimes God wants people to be willing to suffer, to be poor, to be weak, to have sorrow for Jesus instead of having perfect healing now. But one of these days when th...e trumpet sounds and the rapture comes, then, thank God, all our sores will be healed! The limps will be gone! Our gray hair, decayed teeth will be no more. And the inside wickedness and shame and heartbreak that comes from our failures will be perfectly healed one day. But we can have daily healing now in many, many things. So Christians ought to pray.
James 5:13-15 says, "Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray....Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick." If God gives the faith, God will give the healing. If it is not God's will to heal, God will not give the faith. - John R. Rice
 
So in Psalm 37:4 the Lord says, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Whatever your heart desires.
Mark 11:24, "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."
Again John 15:7, "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done un...to you."
Oh, ask what you will. I know we should come to God with the heart attitude, "Lord, if this is wrong, You show me and I will change my prayer." I know we ought to come and say, "Lord, I am not trying to go against You, but I want this."
I have a little trade with God- I am going to tell Him whatever I want and I am going to tell him, "Lord, this is what I want, and I think it is all right, but if it is wrong, You fix my 'wanter,' and I will want the right thing." You see, I ought to ask for whatever I want from God. So should you. We are God's dear children and He is our dear Father. But we ought to come with a loving heart, willing to have whatever he gives. - John R. Rice
 
God promises everlasting life to the believer, and that everlasting life is a PRESENT POSSESSION of the believer. John 3:36 says: "He that believeth on the Son HATH EVERLASTING LIFE." In modern English it simply says: "He that believes [or trusts] on the Son HAS EVERLASTING LIFE." That is literally what the Bible says. I have trusted Him, so I HAVE IT. THANK GOD, I HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE! The Scripture does not say that the believer WILL HAVE everlasting life, but says the believer HAS IT NOW.
The same thing is repeated again and again in the Bible. - John R. Rice
 
And we may be sure that when the shepherds gazed into the baby face of Jesus they looked with awe. Doubtless they knelt and worshipped Him as did the wise men. For He is Immanuel, God with us, Christ the Lord. There is no real Christmas for anyone who does not admit that Jesus is God and who does not bow to Him as Lord.

I believe that the shepherds went away after perfect surrender of hearts to t...his message, this Christ, this Lord. They ignored their defenseless flocks in the field to tell the good news. I think their hearts had knelt to Jesus. I think their wills had surrendered to Him. I think they had taken Him into the throne room of their hearts to be Lord of their lives. And that is what I hope every reader will do this Christmastime. Let Jesus sit with you at the Christmas feast; yes, let Him be verily the head of the house. Let Jesus preside at the Christmas tree and make sure every gift and every carol and all the fellowship is subject to His approval and controlled by His will. I wish my knees could bow in that lowly stable before the manger today! I long to give myself anew to the Lord Christ who came that happy night. Let us not only trust Jesus as Saviour but let us surrender to Him and exalt Him as Lord and Master, as Christ and God. Have thy blessed way with our hearts, O Christ Jesus, this Christmastime and forever! - John R. Rice
 
Many Christians think this blessed teaching is too good to be true and some call it a dangerous doctrine to say a saved man cannot be lost. But one is never on dangerous ground when he takes the promises of God.
What, then, is the basis for this great salvation? It is all in the merits of Christ. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'