Sunday, December 31, 2017

THE WASTED LIFE OF A LOSER!

MARK 8:31-38



Pastor Rick Jackson



I am thinking here at the end of 2017, what if this was the last sermon I would ever preach? It could be. The rapture could occur at any moment. The Lord could call me home at any moment. I could be struck down by a debilitating condition at any moment. if I knew this was to be my last sermon what would I want to say before it was over?

Of course there is much we all would like to say and do before it's over but given the context of one last sermon... what would I say? I think I can some it up in four words, "DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE!"



I. DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE BY BEING A CHRISTIAN LOSER! [v. 31-35]



1. You must make up your mind! [v. 32-34a]



2. You must say "no" to selfishness! [v. 34]



3. You must say "yes" to Jesus! [v. 35]



II. DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE BY BEING A COMPLETE LOSER! [v. 36-37]



1. He who dies with the most "toys" still dies! [v. 36]



2. He who dies without Christ has undervalued his soul! [v. 37]



3. He who dies without Christ is a complete loser! [v. 36-37]



III. DON'T WASTE YOUR LIFE BY BEING A CARNAL LOSER! [v. 38]



1. Why ignore a sure thing? [v. 38]



2. Why imagine an impossible thing? [Gal. 6:3-10]



3. Why invest in any other life? [2 Cor. 5:9-11]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'