Friday, December 15, 2017

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

"But that [the virgin birth] would be a miracle, and I cannot believe in miracles, " says an unbeliever. A miracle? Certainly! But sensible scientists have long ago decided that only miracles could account for many things. Where did matter come from? It was created by a miracle, of course. How were the planetary systems arranged and balanced and set in motion? Unquestionably by some miracle of God. And how did life originate and begin? No scientist in the world now believes that life can come from dead matter of itself. Scientists believe that the earth was once a fiery mass where life could not exist. They know that now life is on this planet. Where did it come from? Without any other explanation possible, life came as a miracle of God's creation. One who cannot believe in miracles is an ignoramus and an unthinking enemy of fact. - John R. Rice

Christ never went against the Bible. The Bible never goes against Jesus Christ. - John R. Rice

I was born the first time December 11, 1895. My mother and father told me so. I was born the second time when I was a lad about nine years old. It was one Sunday in the First Baptist Church at Gainesville, Texas, when I trusted Jesus Christ to forgive my sins and save me. My Heavenly Father tells me so in His Word; He tells me that when I believed in Christ, I then received everlasting life. I have more reason to believe my Heavenly Father than to believe my earthly father; so I know I am born again, am saved. - John R. Rice

The religion of Jesus involves a supernaturally-inspired and infallible Bible. You must either discard the Bible and discard Jesus Christ with it, or you must accept the Bible and accept Jesus Christ with it. They are inseparable. The religion of Jesus Christ, His doctrine, His message, His spirit, are based on His absolute acceptance of the Scriptures as the Word of God, without error. - John R. Rice

You know, God wants volunteers: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice. . . ."
When I was a boy, an older preacher said to a younger preacher being ordained, "Now, don't preach if you can keep from it." What a foolish statement! That is like saying, "Don't be honest if you can still lie and steal and cheat." Why should not one say, "If the Lord will let me, I will preach; if the Lord will let me, I will give; if the Lord will let me, I will do whatever I can for Him"? - John R. Rice


I hope you are going to have a happy Christmas. But, dear friend, nobody can have a very happy Christmas without Jesus, unless you take time for Jesus. Christian, don't leave Jesus out. Oh, money-making and feasting and meeting with loved ones again and greeting cards and gifts--it is all right to express our love to those about us; but, don't forget, you must put Jesus first. Take time to think about Him, to love Him, to talk to Him, to read His Word. - John R. Rice

At Christmastime make sure that the blessed Scriptures about the birth of Jesus are more important than everything else. Don't fill the children's minds with the silly myths and legends about a Santa Claus. I know it is only a little symbolic celebration and people do not take it seriously, but fill their minds with the thought that God sent His Son, born of a virgin, to be our Saviour. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'