Friday, October 27, 2017

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

And "his leaf shall not wither." There are too many withered-leaf Christians.There are too many Christians who don't have joy and victory day by day. A Christian ought to have joy and peace. - John R. Rice

Somebody asked Dr. Tom Malone, "How much do you read the Bible?" He said, "I read it until God talks to me. I read it until my heart burns."
Oh, then read the Bible. Let it be sweet food to your soul. You can have that blessing if you enjoy the Bible and delight in the Word of God. - John R. Rice 

My own mother died before I was six years old, yet I could never measure the impact of her life and testimony on me. She gave me to God when I was born and wanted me to be a preacher. She called me her "preacher boy." She taught me to sing Christian songs. She made all of us promise to meet her in Heaven. On her deathbed my mother rejoiced in the Lord and asked us all to sing, "How Firm a Foundation." Thank God for Christian mothers! - John R. Rice

Trust what God said. You say, "How do you feel?" I don't care how you feel. Did you trust Jesus to save you and did you give Him your heart? If you did, He saved you. How do you know? He said so. - John R. Rice

Do you want to grow? All right, that is very plain. "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby" (I Pet. 2:2). You can grow by the Word of God. - John R. Rice

Do you want faith? "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Rom. 10:17).
Do you want prayers answered? In John 15:7 Jesus said, If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." Oh, you can get your prayers answered because you are wrapped up in Jesus and in His word. You want what He wants, and since you love the Bible, He shows you what you want. - John R. Rice 

What else will you do with the Bible? Use it to win souls. "He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed. . ." -the blessed Word of God. You can tell people that God loves them. You can tell them, "I know that you are a sinner and you are condemned, but God can forgive you." You can tell them that everyone who will put his trust in Jesus and will rely on Him has salvation. Use the Word of God to win souls. - John R. Rice 

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'