Wednesday, October 04, 2017

BIBLE ANSWERS TO BIG QUESTIONS (PART 3)



Pastor Rick Jackson

I. DOES BAPTISM WASH AWAY SINS? [1 Peter 3:21]

The problems are immediate & the solution is Biblical!

1. Simply put, baptism is a work of righteousness [Mt. 3:15, Titus 3:5]

2. Christ's blood (not baptismal waters) washes away sin [Rev. 1:5]

3. Baptism is not part of the saving Gospel [Rm. 1:16, I Cor. 15:1-4, 1:14-17]

4. The verse expressly says it doesn't get rid of sin!

As usual, the Bible has the answer!

II. WHY DESTROY THE WHOLE WORLD? [Gn. 6:1-7]

1. Many were committing the unpardonable sin [v. 3]

2. Many were becoming famous for their wickedness [v. 4]

3. Majority were no longer even giving mental assent to God [v. 5, Matthew 24:22]

III. DOES GOD REPENT? [Gn. 6:1-7]

1. In the strictest sense God doesn't change His mind [v. 6-7]

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent:

1 Samuel 15:29 And also the Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent.

2. God responds Consistently to man according to what man does [James 4:6-8, 1 Samuel 15:11]

It repenteth me that I have set up Saul to be king: for he is turned back from following me, and hath not performed my commandments. And it grieved Samuel; and he cried unto the LORD all night.
Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

3. God's patience can eventually run out [Gn. 6:3, Jeremiah 15:6]


Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'