Wednesday, September 06, 2017

TOP 10 REASONS TO BE STRONG DESPITE DISCOURAGEMENT



HAGGAI 2:1-9

Pastor Rick Jackson

PROLOGUE – [v. 1-3] Discouragement by Comparison

BE STRONG-

1. BECAUSE OF GOD’S COMMAND [v. 4, Joshua 1:7]

Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

2. BECAUSE OF GOD’S PRESENCE [v. 4, Mt. 28:20, Hebrews 13:5]

3. BECAUSE OF GOD’S PROMISE [v. 5a, Isaiah 34:16, 2 Tim. 1:1]

Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,


4. BECAUSE OF GOD’S CHARACTER [v. 5, Numbers 23:19]

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

5. BECAUSE OF GOD’S SPIRIT [v. 5b, Eph. 1:13-14, 4:30]

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

6. BECAUSE OF GOD’S PLAN [v. 6-7, Heb. 12:24-29]

7. BECAUSE OF GOD’S POSSESSIONS [v. 8, Deuteronomy 33:16, Psalm 24:1, Psalm 50:10, 1 Cor. 10:26]

And for the precious things of the earth and fulness thereof, and for the good will of him that dwelt in the bush: let the blessing come upon the head of Joseph, and upon the top of the head of him that was separated from his brethren.
The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

8. BECAUSE OF GOD’S PLACE [v. 7, 9, Ps. 90:1, John 14:1-6]

LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

9. BECAUSE OF GOD’S PRINCE [v. 9, 7, Is. 9:6, 1 Cor. 1:30-31, 2:8]

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

10. BECAUSE OF GOD’S PEACE [v. 9, Jn. 14:1, 27]


Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'