Tuesday, July 28, 2015

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Friend, if you've never found peace with God- it's not God's fault. - Evangelist Troy Carlson

The humanity of Christ needs to be emphasized as well as His deity. You see, He brought deity down to this earth, and he took humanity back to Heaven. - J. Vernon McGee

A great Welsh preacher began his sermon by saying, "I have a question to ask. I cannot answer it. You cannot answer it. Even God cannot answer it." Then he gave this as his text: "How shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation?" And I have a sermon entitled, "A Question that God Cannot Answer." I do not mean to be irreverent, but God makes it clear that He cannot answer the question, "How shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation?" Do you know a way of escape? The only way is Christ. - J. Vernon McGee

What do you do to be lost? Nothing. You can be lost by neglect. - J. Vernon McGee

What is wrong with money? It can be used in a spiritual way; it is not very impressive to hear somebody pray for something and then not back it up with his pocketbook. For example, if you are going to pray for missions, I would suggest you give to missions if you want to make your prayer effective. Otherwise your prayer is just like a lot of wind escaping- that's all. It is spiritual to give. - J. Vernon McGee

I believe that Christ is in every psalm, though I admit that I am not able to find Him in every psalm. -
J. Vernon McGee

My friend, I have been a preacher for a long time, and I have learned that people don't really have intellectual problems which keep them from Christ, but they sure have sin problems. - J. Vernon McGee

if you would ask me, "Preacher, what is the great sin in your life, what is it that has held you back more than anything else?" I would have to admit that it is unbelief. As I look back upon my years of ministry, I realize that I did not believe God as I should have. And today there is one thing I want above everything else, and that is to believe God. I want to commit my life to Him completely, turn everything over to Him. - J. Vernon McGee

It has been said, "The Word of God will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Word of God." A great many believers do not spend enough time in the Word of God. A great many preachers do not spend enough time in the Word of God. The greatest discipline a preacher can have is to go through the Bible book by book with his congregation. That is a discipline which even if it does not help the congregation, it will sure help the preacher. - J. Vernon McGee

Christ occupies a threefold office: (1) He was a prophet when he came nineteen hundred years ago-that is the past; (2) He is a priest today-that is for the present; (3) He is coming someday to rule as a king-that is for the future. He occupies all three of these offices. - J. Vernon McGee

Have you ever said to your husband or wife after a Bible-teaching sermon, "I don't think the pastor was quite up to it today. I didn't feel his message was equal to what he is capable of giving"? Did you ever stop to think that the problem that day may have been with you? Seeing you are dull of hearing. The problem may not be in the speaking, but the problem may be in the hearing. - J. Vernon McGee

"Ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God." Some of them want a D.D. degree, but they don't even know their ABCs. "First principles" is from the Greek word stoicheion (from which we get our English word atom, by the way), meaning primary elements-the ABCs of the Christian life. They ought to be teachers and mature saints, but instead they are still little babies needing someone to burp them.
For example, one Sunday after the morning service a church member stopped to talk to me while I was shaking hands. He said, "Dr. McGee, do you have anything against me?" I said, "No. Why do you say that?" "Well, you passed me yesterday on the street, and you didn't speak to me." That is baby talk. I didn't even see that person, and it is perfect nonsense to talk like that. Someone else said, "Why didn't the soloist sing this morning? We wanted to hear the soloist sing." Oh, my gracious, what little babies, wanting their rattles, and wanting the bottle with the nipple on it! - J. Vernon McGee

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'