Monday, March 31, 2014

FOLLOW THE MASTER BY FOLLOWING THE MESSENGER


              ROMANS 1                          Pastor Rick Jackson

 

Undisputed fact: the Apostle Paul was one of the greatest Christians that has ever lived. In 1 Cor. 11:1 he says, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” How can we follow Paul and thereby follow Christ? Three areas are shown to us in Romans 1. We can follow Paul:

 

I. IN HIS ACTIONS TOWARD GOD- We should be able to say like Paul-

 

1. “I thank” [v. 8, 1 Th. 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.]

 

2. “I serve” [v. 9, 1 Th 1:9 … how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God]

 

3. “I pray” [v. 9, 1 Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.]

 

II. IN HIS DESIRE TOWARD BELIEVERS- Above many things Paul’s desire was to be:

 

1. A help & a blessing [v. 10-11, Phil 4:3] And I entreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

 

2. A Comfort [v. 12, 2 Corinthians 1:4] Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

 

3. A bearer of fruit [v. 13, Philippians 4:17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.]

 

III. IN HIS ATTITUDE TOWARD THE LOST- Paul said:

 

1. “I am debtor” [v. 14] I owe

 

2. “I am ready” [v. 15] Pete too! 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

 

3. “I am not ashamed” [v. 16] I know - 2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'