Monday, December 30, 2013

FACING THE FUTURE WITH FAITH

GENESIS 22:1-14                               Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I have no clue what the year 2014 will bring for you. It may be considered good or it may be considered bad from a human point of view. From a divine point of view we should say whatever happens, if I am in the will of God, God means it for good. For my good. For my good and for His glory. Now I may not know what 2014 has in store for me, much less you, I do know a little bit about the future. My future. Your future. And I know that knowing the future makes the present- even the present hardship- livable. Livable. Even enjoyable. Joy. Joy unspeakable and full of glory. I can use that. I need that, I want that, I must have that. How did Abraham cope?

 

I. THE FAITH OF ABRAHAM [Gn. 22]

 

1. Expressed to the Young Men [v. 5]

 

2. Expressed to Isaac [v. 6-8]

 

3. Expressed before God [v. 9-12]

 

II. THE FOUNDATION OF FAITH

 

1. Where Faith Comes From [Rm. 10:17, Heb. 11:17-19, Gn. 21:12]

 

2. When Faith is Tried Act on It with Confidence [Heb. 11:17 peirazo; to test (objectively), i.e. endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline:--assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt(-er), try.]

 

3. How Faith Flourishes [Heb. 11:17 “received” anadechomai; to entertain (as a guest):--receive.]

 

III. THE FINISHING OF FAITH

 

1. Seeing God Provide [Gen. 22:7-8, 13-14]

 

2. Seeing God Work [Heb. 11:19]

 

3. Seeing God [Heb. 11:24-27, 12:1-3]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'