Tuesday, August 27, 2013

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

He died once for all- for all sins, for all men, for all time. He cried, "It is finished!" (John 19:30) There can be no further sacrifice for sin. - Dr. Helen Roseveare

Dedication precedes celebration. That's always God's order. - J. Don Jennings

Grace is the means, peace is the result. - Henry Hodges

Paul had already stocked it (the Gospel) on his shelf so he could shell it out! - Hodges

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't,and die to find out there is. - Unknown

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. - Paul the Apostle, formerly Saul of Tarsus- persecutor of Christians

Have Faith in God. - Christ Jesus

Every successful man I have ever met had come at some time under the dominating power of a great truth. - Bob Jones Sr.

Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore seek not to understand that you may believe, but believe that you may understand. - Augustine

The only hope of a decreasing self is an increasing Christ. - F.B. Meyer

Resolved- never to do anything which I would be afraid to do if it were the last hour of my life. - Jonathan Edwards

Knowledge is proud that he has learn'd so much; Wisdom is humble that he knows no more. - William Cowper

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'