Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Faith and Action



Bill Rice Ranch - First Light Devotionals  
Deuteronomy 29:29  "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."
 
 
If you could call three people, present or past, and ask them each a question, who would you call and what would you ask them?  I don't know that this would be my top pick, but I would be curious to ask Amelia Earhart where she landed.  I would love to ask Ramesses how in the world they constructed those pyramids.  I would even like to talk to Warren Buffett and ask him how he will invest his disposable income this month.  Okay, perhaps not the last one!

In any event, no question I could ask another person comes close to my curiosity of what I might ask God Almighty if I had the chance.  There are plenty of questions that are mysteries to me.  Anyone with a curious mind can torment themselves either by incessantly asking questions God has not answered or feigning ignorance to questions that God has already answered.  Worrying about things about which God has not spoken is not good, and giving oneself an alibi for inaction when God has clearly spoken is not good either!

As a child of God, you ought to be living a life of faith and action.  You do not need a balance of faith and action; you need a harmony of faith and action.  That is, you need 100% faith, trusting God all the time, and 100% action, acting when God commands.

There are some things that God has chosen not to reveal.  If He hasn't revealed it, I don't need to know it!  I can trust Him about what I don't know.  On the other hand, what God has revealed and said I ought to do.  I can trust and obey Him.  "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

Don't let what you do not know stop you from obeying what you do know.  Trust Him for what you don't know and act on what He has already revealed.  God will always give you the light you should have to do what He wants you to do.
 

 
Read more devotionals, listen to sermon audio, and read thought-provoking articles on our website!
 
Navy  
 
 

Bill Rice Ranch | 627 Bill Rice Ranch Road | Murfreesboro | TN | 37128

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'