Sunday, June 30, 2013

ARE YOU A WINNER?


                                                    JOHN 1:35-42                                                                    

 

Adapted from Dr. J. Don Jennings by Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. ANDREW WAS A WINNER BECAUSE HE WAS A CONVINCED MAN

 

1. He was Convinced there is a Sin Problem [v. 23, 29]

 

2. He was Convinced there is a Sin Solution [v. 19-25]

 

3. He was Convinced Jesus is the Saviour from Sin [v. 35-42]

 

II. ANDREW WAS A WINNER BECAUSE HE WAS A CARING MAN [v. 41]

 

1.  “First” indicates Priority [Mt. 6:33]

 

2. “First” indicates Pattern [Jn. 6:8-9, 12:21-22]

 

3.  “Findeth” indicates Passion [v. 43, 45]

 

III. ANDREW WAS A WINNER BECAUSE HE WAS A COMMUNICATIVE MAN [v. 41]

 

1. It was a Spoken Communication [v. 41, Mt. 28, Jeremiah 20:9]

Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.

2. It was a Simple Communication [v. 41, 1 Corinthians 2:1]

 

3. It was a Saving Communication [v. 41, Rm. 1:16]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'