Thursday, May 23, 2013

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

The way is hard- but not one bit harder than it has to be. The way is long- but not one bit longer than it has to be. The cross is heavy- but not one bit heavier than it has to be. - Unknown

Trust in God to do right. Trust in God and do right. - Unknown

When I try- I fail. When I trust- He succeeds! - Howard Hendricks

Prayer is the recognition of your personal bankruptcy and of God’s total adequacy. My need is not partial- it is total. - Hendricks

A bulldog can take a skunk every time, but he doesn't always know if it's worth it. - G. Beauchamp Vick

I like for people to understand- it's not "the will of God for my life,"- it's "my life for the will of God." There's a world of difference. If you will give your life for God's will God will thrust His will upon you. - Tom Sexton

It often astonishes me that I did not see the importance of meditation upon Scripture earlier in my Christian life. As the outward man is not fit for work for any length of time unless he eats, so it is with the inner man. What is the food for the inner man? Not prayer, but the Word of God- not the simple reading of the Word of God, so that it only passes through our minds, just as water runs through a pipe. No, we must consider what we read, ponder over it, and apply it to our hearts. - George Mueller

When my brother and my dear father died, I had no evidence that they were saved. But I dare not say that they are lost, for I do not know. My soul was perfectly at peace under this trial, which is one of the greatest which a believer can experience. I laid hold of that promise, "Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?" (Genesis 18:25). This word, together with the whole character of God, as He has revealed Himself in His holy Word, settled all questionings. I believed what He had said concerning Himself and have been at peace ever since concerning this matter. - Mueller


No comments:

 
mobile='yes'