Monday, May 20, 2013

A VISIT WITH CEPHAS – THE ROAD TO FAILURE


                                                                               MK. 14:27-72                                                     

 

Adapted from Howard Hendricks by Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. BOASTING TOO MUCH [v. 27-31]

 

The problem was not insincerity- it was ignorance [Jer. 17:9] “When I try- I fail. When I trust- He succeeds!”

 

II. PRAYING TOO LITTLE [v. 32-42]

 

Prayer is the recognition of your personal bankruptcy and of God’s total adequacy. My need is not partial- it is total. [Jn. 15:5]

 

III. ACTING TOO SOON [v. 43-50]

 

This always happens in the energy of the flesh [Moses].

-he was sleepy

-he was angry

-he was unprepared [1 Samuel 17:39]

 

IV. THINKING TOO LATE [v. 66-72]

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly °, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

2 Corinthians 3:5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Galatians 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'