Thursday, July 19, 2012

What a comforter we have!

From: sumner@sumnerwemp.com


 


And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; Even the Spirit of truth (the Holy Spirit of God) whom the world cannot receive because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you" John 14:16, 17.
We, believers have HIM today and do we ever need Him! Can you believe the killings taking place in grammar schools and by grammar school students? Are you shocked by the weird killings all over the place? In fact are you totally baffled by the weird things every where? Everyone needs a comforter for the days of sorrow that are sure to come.
My wife of 66 wonderful years was in and out of the hospital for three years. Our very gracious doctor took mine and my daughter Carolyn's hand and graciously said, "I am sending your mother home with you with as hospice care for the night.
Carolyn slept with her mother and made me sleep in the other bedroom. At 6 in the morning she woke me up and said, Dad, Mom is not breathing. I went into the other bedroom and realized she was gone. I leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. It was the sweetest kiss I ever had and a perfect peace in my heart that the Holy Spirit .planted.
Later a friend called and when I told him my wife just passed away, he graciously said, "praise the Lord, she is walking streets of Gold." Without hesitation, the comforter made me say, "Oh no, she just saw Jesus". I have never had such sweet peace. What a comforter we believers have to the very end.
Three chapters a day reading schedule:
Fri 7/20 2 Samuel 13-15
Sat 7/21 2 Samuel 16-18
Sun 7/22 2 Samuel 19-21
Mon 7/23 2 Samuel 22-24



No comments:

 
mobile='yes'