Friday, January 13, 2012

In Every Message?


Mary, a very godly lady in our church led Pat to Christ. Pat got a big dose of salvation and went all out for the Lord. Pat's husband, Bill, wanted nothing to do with God or the church. I went to their home and had real liberty giving him the gospel. He did not respond at all. Every Sunday, Pat got everyone she could to pray for Bill to get saved. Bill went out of town one Saturday and came back home after dark. The next morning as usual she asked Bill to go to Sunday School with her.
 
He said, "I thought I would."
 
She was shocked. He came with her and she was so excited. She introduced him to everyone she could. After Sunday School she asked him to stay for church.
 
He said, "I thought I would".
 
Again she could not believe her ears. I preached, and as always gave the gospel, how the Lord Jesus suffered and died for our sins, paid the debt for our sins in full, was buried, rose again and was seen by hundreds of people. Then as usual, I gave an invitation for people to receive the Lord Jesus and be saved. James moved out of his seat and came forward to me. I asked if he was ready to accept Christ.
 
He said, "I already have."
 
"Tell me about it," I asked.
 
He told this story. On his way home last night he came to what was called, dead man's curve. There was a very sharp curve in the road with three crosses where people were killed. He said it scared him so much he stopped and accepted Christ right then. I motioned Pat to come up and stand by him as I told the whole congregation the story. It really went over like a house fire. James' life was transformed and he later taught a Sunday School class. I learned a long time ago to always give the gospel in every message. Then I also gave an invitation for people to receive Christ and to confess Christ publically. I prayed for souls and preached for souls to be saved.
 
[I once was "accused" of preaching too much gospel. - Rick]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'