Wednesday, October 13, 2010

THE LIFE TO LIVE

GAL. 2:20, I SAMUEL 17

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. ACCEPT WHAT YOU ARE [v. 26, 29-36, 39]

1. Consider the Divine Acceptance [John 1:12, 2 Corinthians 6:2]

(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

2. Consider the Divine Activity [Ephesians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 5:17]

To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

3. Consider the Divine Appointment [v. 16-23, 2 Corinthians 5:18-21]

Remember-God could have anyone He wanted where you are [Esther 4:14 …and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

II. USE WHAT YOU HAVE [v. 40, 49-51]

1. By Divine Expertise - all we have, He gave us [1 Corinthians 4:7]

For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

2. By Divine Enablement - all we can do, He enables us [1 Corinthians 15:10]

But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

3. By Divine Excellence [2nd Corinthians 4:5-7]

III. GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY [v. 45-47]

1. His Power [v. 37, Acts 1:8]

2. His Plan [Is. 55:8, 1 Corinthians 1:26-28]

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

3. His Purpose [1 Corinthians 1:29-31]

[Inspired by a message Rev. Jimmy Winburn preached at Highland Park Baptist Church's morning "Deaf Church" service on Sept. 10, 1978]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'