Sunday, October 10, 2010

ELIPHAZ VS. JOB, ROUND 2

JOB 15-17

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. THE HYPOCRISY OF ELIPHAZ [15]

1. Accuses Job of being a Windbag [v. 1-6]

2. Accuses Job of being a Know-it-all [v. 7-16]

3. Accuses Job of being more Wicked than Most [v. 17-35]

II. THE REBUTTAL OF JOB [16]

1. It’s Easy to Criticize [16:1-6, Galatians 6:1]

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

“Critics are a dime a dozen. Any fool can criticize.” - Lee Roberson

2. It’s Easy to Accuse [16:7-14, Revelation 12:10]

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

3. It’s Hard to Live [16:15-22, 1 John 2:1]

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

III. THE LAMENT OF JOB [17]

1. I Feel Alone [v. 1-6]

2. I Am Mocked [v. 7-10]

3. I Am Doomed [v. 11-16]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'