Sunday, July 04, 2010

WHERE IS THE JOY?

JOHN 15:11

Pastor Rick Jackson

It was my plan to preach a patriotic message this morning- that was not God’s plan. Rather I could not get away from this message. Christians are supposed to be joyful. But where is the joy? We are to “Rejoice in the Lord always”. But where is the joy? We are to remember that the “joy of the Lord” is our strength. But where is the joy?

I. PROVIDENTIAL LEADING [Matthew 2:10]

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
Romans 15:32 That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.
Philippians 1:25 And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;

II. PARADISE [Matthew 25:21]

His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Matthew 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

III. PERSECUTIONS [Luke 6:21-23]

Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.
2 Corinthians 8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.

IV. POWER OF GOD [Luke 10:17]

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

V. PERMANENCE OF SALVATION [Luke 10:20]

Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

VI. PROGRAM OF GOD [Luke 24:51-53]

And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy: And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

VII. THE PROOF [John 16:20-22]

Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world. And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

VIII. PRIVILEGE OF PRAYER [John 16:24]

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Philippians 1:4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,

IX. PROPHETIC WORD [John 17:12-17]

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

X. THE PRESENCE OF GOD [Acts 2:28] “For this I have Jesus”

Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
1 Peter 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
1 John 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
2 John 1:12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

XI. PLAN OF GOD [Acts 15:3]

And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Luke 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
1 Thessalonians 2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'