Monday, July 26, 2010

PROPER PREPARATION

James 5:13-18

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. HONEST CONFESSION

We need to agree with God and:

1. Believe Every Bible promise concerning prayer

John 14:13-14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
Mark 11:22-24 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

2. Realize we have Great Needs [Jn. 15:5]

3. Admit we do Not Pray as we Ought [I Th. 5:17, Gethsemane]

II. SOUND DECLARATION

As we consider praying we know:

1. That God loves us [I Jn. 4:10, Jn. 3:16, Rm. 5:8]

2. That God Desires the Best for us [Rm. 5:9-10]

3. That God has a Will for our lives [Eph. 5:17, 6:6-7, Mt. 7:21]

4. That God answers Prayer [Jer. 33:3]

III. POSITIVE ACCEPTATION

1. I Must Accept God’s Word on Prayer [Phil. 4:6-7]

2. I Must give myself to fervent Prayer [James 5:16]

3. I Must Pray for Others [Acts 12:5, I Sam. 12:23]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'