Friday, August 22, 2008

Very important point

Very important point to emphasize to see people born again right before your eyes

Sumner Wemp (use link in top left corner)

Aug 22, 2008

First, I tell them "God loves you." The first sermon I heard as a 17 year old lost person, the preacher said, "God loves you." Believe me that caught my attention for I thought God was the Big Cop just waiting to clobber me into hell. Most lost people, I have found, have a wrong idea about God. No other religion in the world talks about their god loving lost people. I usually say it two or three time as I share the gospel. Listen carefully and see how little it is said.

Secondly, I emphasized Christ DIED FOR OUR SINS" over and over. Forgive me but John 3:16 is not the greatest gospel verse. No way does it say Christ died for our sins. That lost person does not have a clue what "gave His only begotten son" means. Amazing but "all have sinned" and "the wages of sin is death" is hardly ever left out but "Christ did for our sins" is often left out and that is the good news.

Thirdly, "He rose from the dead" is too often left out and have you ever heard and "was seen by hundreds" which is proof he rose again and is alive today?. No one saw Allah. Buddha, or any other religions "savior" die for their sins, rose again and was SEEN alive by hundreds of people. Please note that is part of the divinely revealed Gospel in 1 Cor 15:1-4. I have had hundreds tell me, "I never heard that before." It makes a big difference in presenting the gospel.

Fourthly we must emphasize they must believe and receive the Lord Jesus. They must believe God that Christ suffered and died for their sins, paid their debt in full. Many will say they believe the facts but they do not believe in their heart He really died and paid for THEIR SINS. Celeste believed I love her but it all came to reality when she said, "I do" receive him as my husband to the one who had the authority to pronounce us married. God climaxes the whole matter of being saved when we too say, "I do receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior too." Many love the one they are dating but are not willing to take the final step because they know there will be a blot of changes in the way they live when they say, "I do". And so it sis with a lot of people who know when the do receive the Lord Jesus as THEIR Savior there will be a lot a changes made and they are not ready for that.

O dear people there is much more could be said about each point and we should emphasize each point as much as we feel the person we are sharing the gospel with seems to need to hear. "You learn to discern" as you witness more and more. "You learn by doing" Don't miss how to give them assurance they are saved. Never tell them"you are saved" let them tell you, "I am saved" don't miss these next time.

Today at the hospital, we asked a receptionist for some directions. Then I handed her "Your Ticket to heaven" and told her here are the directions to get to heaven. She grabbed the tract, pressed it to her heart and said, "I need that." As always I replied, we all do. Just read it carefully and if you really understand it, do what it says at the end. With her face beaming she said, "I will do it tonight" and reached over and gave me a kiss on the side of my face and thanked me over and over. I really believe she will and I will see her in heaven one day. That is JOY.

I LOVE YOU ALL, ABC Sumner Go to http://www.sumnerwemp.com/ enter the drawing to win a pack of tracts, to obey God and get the gospel to people. Read the challenging articles to bless and help you. Call 1-877-872-2871 ask for "sales" to order tracts for yourself. I do not sell them. I order and pay for them just like you do. I GET NO comissions from the tracts.

"Today is the day of Salvation." we must let them know it.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'