Thursday, August 28, 2008

QUOTES OF THE WEEK!

The devil did not tempt Adam and Eve to steal, to lie, to commit adultery; he tempted them to live independent of God. - Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

I have stood any number of times and given what was in the Book. And I have heard people say on the way out the door, "Oh my soul! I was marvelously fed. My soul was nourished. I received the Word of God and I come here because I know every single service that I am going to hear the Word of God and I am going to be blessed." And in that same line just two people behind that person there was somebody who said, "Pastor this is our last Sunday. We're leaving the church because we're not being fed." Now- the Word is given out, the Gospel is preached, and all of us heard it but there was response by one group that made them "us" and there was no response from another group that made them "them". And you say what is the difference between "us" and "them"? the difference between "us" and "them" is we heard it, and received it, and by faith we tied on to it! - Shelton Smith

Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'