Thursday, March 20, 2008

I DON'T WATCH DANCING WITH THE STARS BUT...

I don't watch Dancing With the Stars but I saw a commercial for it the other day. The announcer said something like, "The men have had their chance and now it's the women's turn. But they'll do it backwards and in high heels!" This is actually an old comment of sorts. I heard it once related to Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire.

Now, I'll give you that the high heels are probably very uncomfortable but the dancing backwards part is just ridiculous. If you learn the routine --- whatever way you learn it--- is NOT backwards! It may seem that way in appearance because they are responding to their partner but they didn't learn it in a backwards fashion. The implication is that what they are learning is harder than what the men are learning. Poppycock and balderdash!

If a woman does the "moonwalk" dancing step, which is basically dancing backwards, is she "doing the same thing only frontwards"? To ask the question is to realize the insanity of the whole thing.

By the way, why don't I watch the show? I Tm. 2:9 & Mt. 5:28 for starters.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'