Friday, February 15, 2008

WHO ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

It may be bad grammar but it's a fair question. I was talking with another politically conservative person and found out that they were fairly despondent over the political scene. Their candidate dropped out of the race and they think the others aren't good enough. They have been listening to a lot of the conservative radio hosts and were just down on America's chances. They were even considering NOT voting!

I have voted in every election since I registered to vote the day I turned 18. I am now 51 and have never, to my memory, missed national, state, county or city elections. I count it my responsibility to vote and believe God does too! If you're not part of the process you're part of the problem. I am a conservative Christian- morally, spiritually, politically, theologically and any other "allys" you can think of. I don't listen to a lot of the conservative talking heads though I probably agree with most of what they say (way too many commercials for my taste) BUT I am optimistic not pessimistic about America and the world! Why? Partially because of what I listen to!

I listen to good Christian music, good fundamental messages, or the Word of God- the Bible on CDs. I don't have my trust in the Republicans, Democrats, Independents, Libertarians, etc. ... my trust is in the Lord! The Bible says "put not your trust in princes" and "Have faith in God!" And so I do. I participate as I have already mentioned but "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills. My help cometh from the Lord!"

Who are you listening to? "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God!"

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'