Saturday, April 28, 2007

Kent Hovind Update

Another New Mission Field

Mark 16:15 “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”

March 8, 20074:00 am Awoke to lights on

4:30 am Given breakfast

5:00 am Heard PA announcement, “Bunk Three, Hovind, H O V I N D, ATW” (ATW means you are going home!)

5:00 - 5:30 am Packed up stuff and gave books away to inmates

5:30 am Had prayer time with ten men who love Jesus and me, to ask God’s blessing as I leave to go home

5:45 am Heard PA announcement, “Correction to earlier announcement. Bunk Three, Hovind, H O V I N D, no ATW—being transported.”

5:46 am Taken by guards down to sit in the ice cold “tank” and wait

6:30 am Moved by car to a different part of the jail to another freezing cold “tank” to wait

9:10 am Saw Federal Marshals arrive to transport me to a Federal Prison Camp in Pensacola. This minimum security federal facility was designed for 300 but houses 700 men. All these men work to help maintain military bases in the area.

11:00 am Finish intake details including a physical. Lost 25 pounds in the County Jail

11:15 am Served first good hot food in four and a half months!

12:00-10:00pm Free to roam, well, sort of free. For the first time in four and a half months, I felt a blade of grass; wore tie shoes, a belt, and a real shirt and pants (no jump suit!); got a locker with a lock; and slept on a bed with a real pillow. Feeling the sunshine for only the fourth time in four and a half months made me want to walk around the camp all day!

March 9, 2006

11:30-2:00 Scrubbed pots and pans

2:00-5:00 Scrubbed down a grill as health inspection is coming up My boss loved my work! He said it is the best the grill has looked in years.
There is a video library here, and our creation video tapes have been here for many years. They were very well worn. They were also removed the afternoon after I arrived. There seem to be many men who had watched them and know me and who have followed my case during the past months. Several concerned brothers showed me around and supplied me with things I needed, including a watch and tennis shoes. God is sooooo good!

I will get full-contact visits beginning Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday! My family only lives six and one half miles away! The vast majority of the men here are far away from their families. It has been so hard not to be able to touch my family or hold my grandchildren. I have never held my newest grandson, Eric Jordan.
There are no bars or locked gates and no sickening sounds of steel doors slamming shut. There are private showers and toilets, vending machines, and coke and ice! I will never look at many simple things in life the same.

There are twelve men in my small room. At least five are professing Christians, two are Jews, and I don’t know about the rest yet. I started a Bible study with one guy, but before we finished, twelve more joined. There are only 688 more men to go! It’s a little overwhelming at first. What a mission field! I have learned, however, that group meetings/Bible studies must be limited to no more than five in a group at a time. This rule was a direct result of 9/11. It will take more patience and time to reach men this way, but God knows all these things.

The Motion for Acquittal of Counts 13 - 57 is still on Judge Rodger’s desk. If she grants that, she will have to re-sentence me. Then the 11th Circuit will get our Motion for Release Pending Appeal.

Thanks for your faithful prayers. I will never forget the great time with God in the county jail. Truly, His grace is sufficient! Many men’s lives were changed for this life and for eternity. They still love to get mail and tracts.

My new, hopefully short-term, address is:

Kent Hovind #06452-017
110 Raby Avenue
Pensacola, FL 32509

Thank you for continuing to pray for me and the CSE Team. Keep spreading the gospel!
Acts 12:5
Kent Hovind

2 comments:

Solomon101 said...

is this address still valid? I will write him if so

Rick jackson said...

I don't know- try www.dr.dino.com for information

 
mobile='yes'