Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I WANNA QUIT!

Rick Jackson

You read right. I want to quit. You invest so much in some people only to have them show you how little they appreciate it.

"For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica..." II Tm. 4:10

It's not like I am the first person to be dealing with unthankfulness.

"And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?" Lk. 17:17

And it's not like I haven't made plenty of mistakes.

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:12

And I sure ain't the first person who ever wanted to quit!

"Therefore now, O LORD, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live... And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah, that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live." Jonah 4:3, 8

"But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers." I Kings 19:4

So again, I want to quit, I want to resign. But...

Instead I will re-sign, re-enlist, repent and retry. Why?

Because Heb. 12:4 says, "Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."

Because Jesus didn't quit, "For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed." Is. 50:7 "And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem..." Lk. 9:51

Because God called me and I know, "... the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." Rm. 11:29

Because I owe Him too much to let Him down if I can help it. "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." Rm. 12:1-3

Come on... the path is straight and our Father is calling!

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." Jn. 4:23

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'