Thursday, August 31, 2006

1 excellent bio, 1 good man, 1 GREAT GOD

I have recently read an excellent biography about a man who ended up doing good because of the Great God of the universe. After all, let's give credit where credit is due (Jn. 15). The book is Man Sent From God: A Biography of Dr. John R. Rice by my friend Evangelist Robert L. Sumner (see Biblical Evangelist link on this page). Though I had read this book before it was yet a great blessing to me again. Partially because I now know the author personally and partially because I am older and comprehend a lot more experientially than when I read it as a younger man. Don't misunderstand what I am saying, it is a great read for any age individual but the richer your life the richer the read. I urge you to get it and learn the truth about this man of God. Someone may say, "Well Dr. Sumner was his friend and wrote at Rice's request"... you'd be right about the first part but wrong about the second. About the first however, beloved late evangelist Fred Brown once told me on another matter, "Bob Sumner wouldn't lie if you put a gun to his head!" That settled it for me then and I have NEVER seen any reason to doubt that it is true still. I have been encouraged in my walk with Christ by all three of these men (Rice, Sumner, Brown) and this book in particular.  Available at amazon.com or ebay.com (new and used editions).

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'