Wednesday, April 03, 2024

FOLLOW THE FOLLOWER

ROMANS 1:1-7                         

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

Undisputed fact: the Apostle Paul was one of the greatest Christians that has ever lived. In 1 Cor. 11:1 he says, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” How can we follow Paul and thereby follow Christ? Three areas are shown to us in Romans 1. We can follow Paul:

 

I. IN HIS ACTIONS TOWARD GOD [v. 8-9]

 

1. Like Paul, Let Us say, “I thank” [v. 8, 1 Th. 5:18]

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

2. Like Paul, Let Us say, “I serve” [v. 9, 1 Th 1:9]

 … how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God

3. Like Paul, Let Us say, “I pray” [v. 9, 1 Th 5:17]

Pray without ceasing.

 

II. IN HIS DESIRE TOWARD BELIEVERS [v. 10-13]

 

1. Paul’s desire was to be A help & a blessing [v. 10-11, Phil 4:3]

And I entreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

2. Paul’s desire was to be A Comfort [v. 12, 2 Corinthians 1:4]

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

3. Paul’s desire was to be A bearer of fruit [v. 13, Philippians 4:17]

Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

 

III. IN HIS ATTITUDE TOWARD THE LOST [v. 14-16]

 

1. Paul said, “I am debtor” [v. 14] I owe

2. Paul said, “I am ready” [v. 15, 1 Peter 3:15] I also

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

3. Paul said, “I am not ashamed” [v. 16, 2 Timothy 1:12] I know  

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'