Sunday, March 31, 2024

JESUS DIDN’T STAY

1 Timothy 3:16

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. JESUS DIDN’T STAY IN HEAVEN [1 John 1:1-3]

 

1. He Didn’t Stay in Heaven Because His Mission was too Important [3:1-5]

 

2. He Didn’t Stay in Heaven Because His Enemy was too Awful [3:6-10]

 

3. He Didn’t Stay in Heaven Because His Love was too Great [4:9-10, John 15:13]

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

 

II. JESUS DIDN’T STAY ON THE CROSS


1. He Didn’t Stay on the Cross Because He Finished the Work [John 19:30; Hebrews 4:3, 12:2]

- When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

- For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

- Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

 

2. He Didn’t Stay on the Cross Because He Fulfilled the Word [Luke 24:44-48]

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.

 

3. He Didn’t Stay on the Cross Because He was No Longer Forsaken [Mark 15:34, Luke 23:46-53]

- And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

- And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man. And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned. And all his acquaintance, and the women that followed him from Galilee, stood afar off, beholding these things. And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just: (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God. This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.

 

III. JESUS DIDN’T STAY IN THE TOMB

 

1. He Didn’t Stay in the Tomb Because of His Person [Rm. 1:1-4a]

PAUL, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power

 

2. He Didn’t Stay in the Tomb Because of His Power [Rm. 1:4, John 10:17-18]

- And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

-Therefore  doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

 

3. He Didn’t Stay in the Tomb Because of His Position [Acts 2:29-33]

Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'