Monday, February 20, 2023

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES?

LUKE 3:1-6

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. THE VOICE OF THE SPIRIT-FILLED JOHN THE BAPTIST

 

1. The Voice of Prophecy [Lk. 3:4]

 

2. The Voice of Preparation [Lk. 3:4, Mt. 3:3]

For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

 

3. The Voice of Priority [John 3:27-30]

John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease.

 

 II. THE VOICE OF GOD THE FATHER

 

1.  The Voice of Wrath [Ps. 2:1-6]

 

2. The Voice of Approval [Lk. 3:21-22]

 

3.  The Voice of Instruction [Lk. 9:34-36]

 

 III. THE VOICE OF GOD THE SON

 

1. The Voice of the Saviour [John 5:24-29]

 

2. The Voice of the Shepherd [John 10:1-16]

 

3. The Voice of the Sovereign [Mt. 28:18-20]

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway , even unto the end of the world. Amen.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'