Wednesday, August 03, 2022

REMEMBER THE WHAT?

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

In the 1830s Sam Houston attacked the armies of Mexico with the cry of “Remember the Alamo!” In the 1890s America entered the Spanish/American War with the rallying cry, “Remember the Maine!” In late 1941 American entered WWII with “Remember Pearl Harbor!” as our rallying cry. There have been other conflicts and other rallying cries down through the centuries. We are still amid conflict and a good memory could help motivate us.

 

I. REMEMBER WHERE YOU CAME FROM [Rev. 2:1-7]

 

1. Remember the Love you’ve Left [v. 1-5a]

 

2. Repent from Loveless Works [v. 5b]

 

3. Restore the First Works [v. 5c-7]

 

II. REMEMBER WHERE YOU ARE [John 15:18-27]

 

1.  A World That Hated Jesus [v. 18]

 

2. A World That Will Hate A Stand-out [v. 19]

 

3.  A World That Will Hate A Christlike Spirit-led Person [v. 20-27]

 

III. REMEMBER WHOSE YOU ARE [Mark 9:41]

 

For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

 

1. Seek Christ [like the wise men of old, like the Greeks with the disciples, like the women at the tomb]

 

2. Seek His Kingdom [Mt. 6:33, Colossians 3:1]

 

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

 

3. Seek to Please Him [Galatians 1:10, 2 Tm. 2:1-4]

 

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

Psalm 38:15 For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

Psalm 42:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

Psalm 42:11 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 43:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Psalm 71:5 For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.

Lamentations 3:24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

Philippians 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.

 

I have to agree with Dr. Raymond Barber, “We have more to shout about than to pout about.”

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'