Sunday, March 13, 2022

WHAT DO CHRISTIANS HAVE?

ACTS 3:1-9 “Silver and gold have I none” v. 6

 

Pastor Rick Jackson

 

I. WE HAVE PRAYER [v.1]

 

1. Peace Instead of Worry [Phil. 4:6-7]

 

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

 

2. Provision Instead of Want [Ps. 23:1, Phil. 4:13, 19]

 

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

 

3. Proofs Instead of Wishes [Acts 1:1-3, John 7:17]

 

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

 

II. WE HAVE PROMISES – Hundreds, but to name 3:

 

1. We Have the Promise of His Propitiation [1 Jn. 2:1-2]

 

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

 

2. We Have the Promise of His Presence [Mt. 28:20, Heb. 13:5-6]

 

Lo, I am with you alway , even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

 

3. We Have the Promise of His Power [Acts 1:7-8]

 

III. WE HAVE PROSPECTS

 

1. We Have the Prospect of Heaven [Jn. 14:1-2]

 

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

 

2. We Have the Prospect of His Coming Again [Jn. 14:3]

 

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

 

3. We Have the Prospect of His Peace [Jn. 14:1, 27]

 

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'