Thursday, April 02, 2020

WHAT TOM JACKSON HAD




Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

There is so much to say in a time like this and so much NOT to say. I thought about telling some of my favorite Tom stories but probably everyone here has favorite Tom stories. So I asked the Lord for help, as I always do in preparing messages, and here we are talking about what Tom Jackson had.

I. TOM JACKSON HAD FRIENDS [Proverbs 18:24]

I cannot tell you the number of people from all walks of life who have communicated in the last few days what a friend Tom was to them. That’s true because he was a friendly fellow.

II. TOM JACKSON HAD FAMILY [1 Timothy 5:8]

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

III. TOM JACKSON HAD FUN [Proverbs 15:15,  17:22]

All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.
Proverbs A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

IV. TOM JACKSON HAD FAULTS [Psalm 19:12-14]

Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

V. TOM JACKSON HAD FAITH [Eph. 2:1-10, Jn. 14:1-6]



No comments:

 
mobile='yes'