Monday, April 13, 2020

EASTER PRESENTS




John 20:19-25

Pastor Rick Jackson

I. HIS PEACE

1. Peace in Trouble [John 14:27]

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

2. Peace in Tribulation [John 16:33]

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

3. Peace in Tears [John 20:19-21]

II. HIS PRESENCE

1. In the Midst [v. 19, 26, Matthew 18:20]

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

2. In the Ministry of the indwelling Holy Spirit [v. 22]

Pentecost is not the coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell believers but to imbue believers with power- Resurrection day is the day the indwelling began.

John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

3. In the Mind [Is. 26:3, Rm. 12:2, 2 Timothy 1:7]

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

III. HIS PURPOSE

1. The Father’s Purpose [v. 22]

2. The Saviour’s Purpose [v. 22]

3. The Spirit’s Purpose [v. 23-24]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'