Wednesday, October 23, 2019

IT IS NOT GOD’S FAULT


                                                            Isaiah 50                                                              

Pastor Rick Jackson

A student asked his teacher, "Why did you give me a D on my report card?"
"I didn't give you a D. You earned a D. I merely recorded the grade."

I. DON'T BLAME GOD FOR TROUBLE [v. 1-3]

1. Blame Sin [v. 1, Numbers 32:23]

But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.

2. Blame Your Apathy [v. 2a, James 4:2, Jeremiah 19:15, 22:5, 22:21]

Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it, because they have hardened their necks, that they might not hear my words.
But if ye will not hear these words, I swear by myself, saith the LORD, that this house shall become a desolation.
I spake unto thee in thy prosperity; but thou saidst, I will not hear. This hath been thy manner from thy youth, that thou obeyedst not my voice.

3. Blame Your Inattention [v. 2b-3, Malachi 2:2]

If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.

II. DON'T BLAME GOD FOR TRYING [v. 4-8]

1. Jesus Spoke as None Else [v. 4, John 7:46, Luke 6: 46-49]

The officers answered, Never man spake like this man.
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

2. Jesus Lived as None Else [v. 5-7, Acts 10:38]

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

3. Jesus Invites as None Else [v. 8, Romans 5:10, Isaiah 1:18, Matthew 11:28]

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

III. DON'T BLAME GOD FOR WHO YOU TRUST [v. 9-11]

1. The Chance is for Everyone [v. 9, Romans 8:34]

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

2. The Christ is for Everyone [v. 10, Rev. 22: 17]

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely

3. The Choice is for Everyone [v. 11, Hebrews 3:13, 15]

But exhort one another daily, , while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'