Friday, February 08, 2019

John R. Rice Quotes of the Week

John 1:9 tells us about Jesus, "That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." Oh, yes, there is no man in the world but who had some call, some visitation from God, some sweet moving of conscience, indication that he needs forgiveness. And Jesus said in John 12:32, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." And the next verse explains, "This he said, signifying what death he should die." Oh, the Saviour died for the sins of the whole world! That is what we are told in 1 John 2:2, "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." - John R. Rice

Is there a reader who never read the Bible, one who is not conscious of God all through His Word? Shame on you, anyone who can read but never read a Bible! In nearly every hotel room is a Gideon Bible; in the Woolworth Store are New Testaments for a few cents.Christians are giving out Testaments, Gospels or tracts nearly everywhere and you never read that God commands sinners to repent, that He pleads for all to come to Christ in heart and trust Him for salvation! Shame, I say. Oh, worse, millions have a Bible in the house and never read it! - John R. Rice

If there is a world there is a World-maker. If there is such an infinitely wonderful human body, with intricate inborn abilities and processes beyond human understanding, SOMEONE, God, infinite and mighty, planned it, made it, maintains it, reproduces it. - John R. Rice

Oh, there is no excuse for the Christ-rejector, the so-called agnostic, the willing atheist. - John R. Rice

In a tense, dramatic scene under a big tent in Oklahoma City, I waited and the people waited in deathly stillness. A young woman stood to her feet, then came weeping down the aisle: "What will my friends think," she said aloud, "my walking down a sawdust aisle to get saved! And what will my father think! Oh, but no matter what anyone thinks, I am not going to Hell for anybody! I must be saved!" And she was. - John R. Rice

The cross speaks of a loving Saviour who does not want you to be lost. - John R. Rice

In Duke, Oklahoma, a man who had long posed as an infidel, a scorned of Christians, sneering at preachers, came to our united campaign. After God's Word and God's Spirit convicted him deeply, he said to me, "If I thought God would take an old reprobate like me, I would come in a moment!" And when I quoted to him Isaiah 1:18, God's invitation, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool," he was glad to come to Christ and trust Him. - John R. Rice

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'