Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Actions and Reactions

 
Bill Rice Ranch - First Light Devotionals 

Isaiah 12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation."

 

 

 

So many times what we do is dictated by other people. What they do, who they are, what status they hold, or what they say makes us react in a certain way. We don't act; we react. Let me illustrate. Have you ever had someone behind the counter at the store or the post office act mean and cranky? What is your natural tendency? You want to be mean and cranky in return! I don't usually lose my cool, but I've met a few folks who could certainly test my limits. In those instances, I respond to another person instead of responding correctly. That's not a good thing!

 

In contrast, who God is should determine what I do. Who He is should dictate my day, not my feelings, my situation, or even people around me. The Bible says, "Behold, God is my salvation: I will trust, and not be afraid. . . . " That leads to verse 3, which says, "Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation." If you will begin your day thinking about who God is, not what someone else said, it will make a huge difference!

 

Our tendency can be to "jump in" to the day too quickly. We wake up, check emails, voicemails, to-do lists, Twitter, and Facebook, but without remembering who God is in your life, you'll start out on the wrong foot. You'll respond and react to people based on their actions or what kind of day you are having. Instead, remember God's place in your life and "with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation." God's well is deeper than any need you will have today. Drawing from the well of reactions will leave you dry and empty!

 

 

Prayer Requests:

1. Service tonight in Land O' Lakes, FL 

2. Sign Language School this week in Armona, CA

3. Florida Regional Youth Conference this weekend (2.4) 

 

 

 

Follow me on Twitter

 

Like us on Facebook 

 

 Want more First Light?  View past devotionals here

 

 
 
Bill Rice Ranch | 627 Bill Rice Ranch Road | Murfreesboro | TN | 37128

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'