Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Blogging and Slogging

On April 12, 2006 I had my first post as a blogger. This was the post:

A New Day Dawning
A father was talking to his son and he told him quite emphatically, "Your mother and I have learned that you have been blogging. We don't know what it is but we want you to stop immediately!"

An acquaintance of mine had been kind enough to blog a few of my outlines, howbeit they had to be edited for size. In some cases it had changed the direction of the whole message. Now I don't blame them for this, had to be done for size, etc. but why not blog my own, then I have control over the direction, the diction, and yes, the occasional disaster! So here we are, a new day dawning.

-----------------------------------------------------

It was a Wednesday. I actually did 3 other posts that first day. After over 10 years and 68,855 posts I hope I might be a little wiser as well as 10 years older. Maybe so, maybe not. Lost and gained readers over the years- some have progressed to Glory. Well- if the Lord tarries His coming and gives me the strength and something to say... here's to 68, 855 more. [hoists a plastic bottle in the air and then takes sip of Diet Coke]. God bless you friends.

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'