Sunday, May 17, 2015

THINK SAFE, ACT SAFE, BE SAFE


2 Samuel 4:10, 5:6-7                                                             
 
Pastor Rick Jackson

I saw a truck on 301 this week that had 6 words printed on its mud flaps that read “THINK SAFE, ACT SAFE, BE SAFE.” As I thought on those words the Lord seemed to impress me that the message, though possibly unintentional, was in fact, Scriptural. If these things be true in the secular world which today is, and tomorrow will be gone, how much more are they true on the spiritual plane.

 

I. THINK SAFE – to think safe is to think right

1. Think right About Yourself

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Luke 13:4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1 Corinthians 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Galatians 6:3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

2. Think right About Christ

Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matthew 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

 John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

3. Think Right About Life

1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

 Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

 1 Corinthians 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. 

1 Corinthians 8:2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

II. ACT SAFE thinking safe is just the start- one may think straight but not follow through in his actions

1. Actually Trust Christ [Hebrews 4:2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.]

2. Actually Do What Christ Commands [James 1: 21-25] Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

3. Actually Follow Christ [Matthew 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow  me, and I will make you fishers of men.

John 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.

Matthew 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.

Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Luke 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.

John 10:4-5 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.  And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

John 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Philippians 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Revelation 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

 

III. BE SAFE

1. Safe from the Penalty of Sin {Rm. 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.]

2. Be Safe from the Prominence of Sin [Psalm 119:117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.]

3. Be Safe from the Pushers of Sin [Proverbs 29:25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.]

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'