Wednesday, February 04, 2015

For Those Who Mourn My Passing

Matthew Henry

Would you like to know where I am? I am at home in my Father’s house, in the mansions prepared for me here. I am where I want to be—no longer on the stormy sea, but in God’s safe, quiet harbor. My sowing time is done, and I am reaping; my joy is as the joy of harvest.

Jesus said, “I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:2,3)

Would you like to know how it is with me? I am made perfect in holiness. Grace is swallowed up in glory.

 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (First John 3:2)

Would you like to know what I am doing? I see God, not as through a glass darkly, but face to face. I am engaged in the sweet enjoyment of my precious Redeemer. I am singing hallelujahs to Him who sits upon the throne, and I am constantly praising Him.

 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face. (Revelation 22:2,3)

Would you know what blessed company I keep? It is better than the best on earth. Here are the holy angels and the spirits of just men made perfect. I am with many of my old acquaintances with whom I worked and prayed, and who have come here before me.

You have come to the city of the living God . . . and to thousands of angels in joyful assembly. You have come to the assembly of God's firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself. . . And you have come to the spirits of the redeemed in heaven who have now been made perfect. You have come to Jesus! (Hebrews 12:22-24)

Lastly, would you know how long this will continue? It is the dawn that never fades! After millions and millions of ages, it will be as fresh as it is now. Therefore, weep not for me!

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'