Tuesday, June 10, 2014

QUOTES OF THE WEEK

Christ will knock at your door, but Christ will never knock in your door. You must undo the door. You can choose to come to Him or to go from Him. - Walter Hughes

God never leaves nor forsakes His own. There is no need for covetousness because if you have Christ you have everything. - John R. Rice

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. - 2 Tm. 1:12 Some people quote this verse of Scripture wrong. They say, "I know him in whom I have believed..." But they are wrong. What Paul really said was, "I know whom I have believed." I like that better. Do not put the word in in this verse. I do not want even a preposition between me and Christ. - James M. Gray

So one who has trusted in Christ for salvation need not worry about keeping it, for Christ does that. One cannot save himself. He must trust Christ to do that. One cannot keep himself. He must trust Christ to do that, too. One does not deserve salvation before he gets it. So one does not deserve salvation after he gets it. All the saving and all the keeping is done by the Lord Jesus Christ, according to His purpose, His mercy, His grace, for a poor, wicked sinner who ought to have gone to Hell. Wonderful salvation!  The Christ who does the saving does the keeping. - John R. Rice

Whatever government is not a government of laws is a despotism, let it be called what it may. - Daniel Webster

I tell you that the curse of God Almighty is on the saloon. - Billy Sunday

Before God and the angels it is a great honor to follow Christ, but before men it is not so...and perhaps it is better that way. Not many are selfless enough to endure honor without injury to their souls. - A. W. Tozer

No comments:

 
mobile='yes'